[NCHS-Announce] Program meeting Sunday, September, 18th

Den Collins, Webmaster webmaster at nassaucountyhistoricalsociety.org
Thu Sep 8 08:44:29 EDT 2016

In addition to this program meeting on September 18th, announcement letters with information about our Annual Meeting/Luncheon in October.  You can also access the information on the Calendar page on our web site:
     www.nassaucountyhistoricalsociety.org/calendar.html
Please feel free to forward this e-mail on to friends and family and ask them to join you at these, or any of our, meetings.
Den Collins, III
NCHS Webmaster & Membership Chair

Luna Park Tower at Night
Jennifer Garland, archivist
Sunday, September 18, 2016, 2:00 p.m.
“The History of Coney Island”
Jennifer Garland
Community Church of East Williston

Explore the legendary and colorful past of Coney Island, the “World’s Playground.” Jennifer Garland is the archivist of the Coney Island History Project. Her illustrated presentation draws from the book by the History Project’s director, Coney Island: Lost & Found, as well as many other sources. The talk covers the settlement of Coney Island, the rise of the resort and amusement area, and the decline and comeback of the neighborhood. Visit Coney Island History Project to learn more about the Project.

Guests are welcome to attend; invite your friends. This program is free.
Light refreshments follow the illustrated program.
Directions: The Community Church of East Williston is located at 45 East Williston Avenue (click link for map), adjacent to the NW corner of Roslyn Road and East Williston Avenue/Hillside Avenue/Route 25B in East Williston. Enter the church parking lot from Roslyn Road or Ward Street (one block north of Route 25B). Please park in spaces closest to church (those near Roslyn Rd. are reserved) or on Ward St. Enter door on the east side for the parish hall.