[NCHS-Announce] Reminder: Special Bonus Meeting for Members

Den Collins, Webmaster webmaster at nassaucountyhistoricalsociety.org
Thu Jul 13 07:48:42 EDT 2017

Special Bonus Meeting for members is just a few day away. <>
Howard Kroplick, who spoke at our meeting on the Vanderbilt Cup Races, has invited us to view his car collection on Sunday, July 16, between 10:30 am and 1:00 pm. You’ll also be able to see more than a dozen vintage cars of the Long Island Sound Region Classic Car Club of America. <>
Note: this is not at our usual location.  The address is 55 Lumber Road, Roslyn.  Directions below including adjacent parking location.
You can read more about Howard’s car collection at  <>www.vanderbiltcupraces.com/car_collection <http://www.vanderbiltcupraces.com/car_collection>   <>
Directions: Exit 29 from Northern State – make a right turn north. From the LIE, it’s Exit 39 if you’re driving west, but stay on the service road for nearly a mile. Turn right at traffic light onto Roslyn Road (gas station on corner). If driving east, take exit 37 (Willis Ave.) and stay on service road ½ mile and left at the traffic light at Roslyn Road.
Take Roslyn Road to the end (it becomes Main Street) and turn right just before the clock tower onto short Tower Street, which runs into Old Northern Blvd. Make an immediate left onto Lumber Road (The Chase Bank is on the corner). Take Lumber Road to the very end and follow the signs, “The Waterfront at Roslyn.” Parking in adjoining lot at 45 Lumber Road. <>