[NCHS-Announce] No program meeting tomorrow, April 5th

nchs nchs at nassaucountyhistoricalsociety.org
Sat Apr 4 13:12:44 EDT 2020

The program originally scheduled for tomorrow, Sunday, April 5, 2020, is cancelled.

In case anyone noted on their calendar the date for this meeting at the Webb Institute, it is disappointing that this program meeting will not be taking place.  The hope is that, when the current health crisis abates and gatherings are allowed to take place, this meeting will be able to be rescheduled.  Should that happen, it will be posted on the NCHS website <NassauCountyHistoricalSociety.org> and announced via this e-mail list, and postcard.

No decision has yet been made concerning the June program meeting.  Stay tuned for developments and announcements.

Membership Renewals:
There is no increase in membership fees.
I am working on a getting the renewals prepared in e-mail format for members with e-mail addresses on file.  Those without e-mail will receive a paper form in the mail.  (Of course, those without e-mail won’t being seeing this message.  But, I’m working with what I can.)  Since I have an e-mail address for most of the membership, the option of renewing via PayPal will avoid as much personal contact as possible by the volunteers who manage this for the NCHS.  Not needing to make trips to the post office to pick up return envelopes, then getting checks to the Treasurer and forms to me, and trips to the bank for depositing, will help to keep us all safe and hopefully healthy.  Please wait for the e-mail renewal request to arrive in the next week, or so.

Stay healthy.  Stay home.  I look forward to seeing you when we can once again gather to learn about the history of our Nassau County.

Regards,
Den Collins, III
Webmaster and Membership Chair
Nassau County Historical Society